Delicious banana bread is a fun and easy thing to bake. Here is my recipe. Try it out and let me know how you like it!
3 very ripe bananas
4 oz. butter (soft, room temperature) (115 g.)
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour (0.5 L)
¾ cup brown sugar (2 dl)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
½ – ¾ cup walnuts (optional) (1½ dl)
½ cup sour cream or plain greek yoghurt (optional) (1 dl)
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees (= 175˚C). Line a standard 9 x 5 inch bread pan with parchment paper and cover with a thin layer of butter or cooking spray.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set to the side.
3. Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla extract using a hand mixer until it is smooth and blended. Add the eggs and continue mixing while adding the peeled and crushed bananas and the sour cream. Add the flour mix and keep mixing at low speed. Add the nuts and stir it up before pouring it into the baking pan.
4. Bake for about one hour until a toothpick in the center part comes out dry.
5. Let it cool off on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before lifting the entire loaf out of the pan, using the parchment paper. After it has cooled off, store it in plastic. It will keep longer in the fridge than in room temperature, but it will taste so good that it is not likely to last long wherever you store it!